Septic problems are things homeowners never want to deal with. While it’s true that some septic tank services are inevitable, there are some things you can do to take good care of your septic system to limit the septic problems you’ll face. We at Joe’s Septic Tanks in Miami have seen many a client suffer from septic issues because of mistakes they’ve made at home. We want to share these with you so that you can avoid these easy mistakes to make and avoid facing septic troubles as much as possible. When it comes to septic tank companies Miami residents trusts for their sewage needs, we’re one of the best.
Who’s Joe’s Septic Tanks?
We are one of the best septic tank companies in the Miami area and have been helping out local homeowners will all their sewage needs since 1985. Our business model is all about prompt and professional services. We understand that when sewage and septic related problems occur, you want them cleared up as fast as possible, and we want that for you too. Going without proper sewage is never fun, which is why Miami locals have trusted us for the last 20+ years.
Avoid These Missteps and Reduce the Septic Tank Services You’ll Need
There are many things one can do in their home to avoid accidentally causing septic tank problems. Unfortunately, these aren’t things many people are familiar with, or that they teach you in school. This means they’re easy mistakes to make, and many of us do them on a regular basis, but luckily, we’re here to teach you what not to do when it comes to your drains.
- Never flush anything but toilet paper
- Toilet paper is literally the only non-waste item that should go down your toilets. No diapers, paper towels, tampons, cotton swabs, or other hygiene items should ever go down the drain. This also includes wipes, even ones that are labeled as “flushable,” because even those aren’t really safe to flush. Don’t believe us? Get two cups of water at home. Leave a “flushable” wipe in one and regular toilet paper in the other for an hour. When you see the difference, you’ll know what you don’t want a build-up of “flushable” wipes in your septic system.
- Never pour fats or oils down your drain
- If you use oil to cook your food, it’s best to pour into a container or bag that you can throw away. Oils, fats, and grease all solidify when cooled too much, which means they can clog your drains.
- Don’t pour harsh chemicals and cleaners down your drain
- Your septic tank is filled with helpful microbes and bacteria that work to break down waste and keep everything flowing. Cleaners and chemicals can kill a lot of these, which can lead to clogs.
- Avoid over-using water at home
- Too much water getting poured down your drain in a short period of time can cause waste to be flushed into your drain field as the tank isn’t given the time it needs to do its job. Turn off faucets when you don’t need them and avoid excessive flushing at home.
When it Comes to Septic Tank Companies Miami Residents Trust, Contact Us
For any septic tank services you may need, Joe’s Septic Tanks is here to take care of you. We’re one of the septic tank companies Miami homeowners rely on when handling their sewage-related problems, and you can too. Contact us today for any septic repairs or septic problem solving you need in the Miami area.